<$BlogRSDURL$>
My Blog Links
Site Links
Currently Reading
Blogroll
Archives
Tools
  • This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
  • Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
  • 2RSS.com :: RSS directory
  • Listed on BlogShares
  • Blog Directory, Find A Blog, Submit A Blog, Search For The Best Blogs

Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Compatible Syndication Formats 

I just read Dave Winer's call to consolidate RSS with other syndication formats. Being a Blogger/BlogSpot user, I think it would be great to have compatible syndication formats, so that my blog feed can be used by all of the desktop aggregators. And, a lot more of those (especially the free ones) support RSS over Atom.

Currently, to get this to work, I use Rssify to convert the Atom feeds into RSS (I have also tried 2Rss). That sort of works, but not very well. The conversion isn't great and what you get in the final RSS is sometimes different than what you see from sites that have native RSS support. Having a compatible/merged format would make life a whole lot easier.

Comments: Post a Comment