<$BlogRSDURL$>
My Blog Links
Site Links
Currently Reading
Blogroll
Archives
Tools
  • This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
  • Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
  • 2RSS.com :: RSS directory
  • Listed on BlogShares
  • Blog Directory, Find A Blog, Submit A Blog, Search For The Best Blogs

Friday, May 21, 2004

MISC: Learning Large Bodies of Code 

Matt Warren gives an excellent description of what it's like to learn and absorb large blocks of code into your mind. I can certainly relate to Matt's description and have felt the same way myself (I was never able to express the way he has though).

Once you reach a certain level of familiarity, it is almost like you can see the shape of the code (whether an app, component, library, ...) in your mind. I can't tell you how many times I've found and solved an error in my code while in the shower or driving home all without ever needing to run any tests on it. The scary part is that sometimes I don't actually remember the drive home.

Comments: Post a Comment